Updated 1 August 2018
Personal Information we may Collect or otherwise Receive
In the course of our Services, we may collect (and/or receive from you) the following types of personal information:
- Names, email addresses, street or postal addresses, and personal phone numbers, but only as you or your authorised users choose to send to us from time to time.
- Any personal information which is contained in any database which you or your authorised user controls, but which you or they choose send to us for Service-related support reasons or for other reasons connected to the provision of the Services by us.
- Your, or your authorised user’s, device-affiliated (or your activity-related) data such as:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what parts of the Service you visit; and similar data; or
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
- Any other personal information which you or anyone connected to your organisation chooses to send to us.
You authorise us to collect and/or receive such information.
The provision of our Services and related software do not involve any manual or automated form of ‘mining’ or searching for personal information which you or your systems may hold.
Our Services and related systems may gather generic ‘non personal’ information about how your organisation uses our Services. We do this for business improvement purposes. This type of information gathering does not include any personal information.
How We Use and Share Personal Information
We will hold, store and use your personal information in accordance with all applicable New Zealand privacy laws, and only for so long as that personal information is reasonably required in relation to the provision of the relevant Services from us to you or your organisation.
We use your personal information solely to deliver Services to you or to the organisation you are affiliated with if they are our customer. We may also use your personal information to seek to improve our business and Services from time to time, and to send you information relating to our business and our wider Services from time to time. You agree to receive these communications although you will be permitted to ‘unsubscribe’ and ‘opt-out’ from receiving those at any time.
Our use of any personal information received by us will be by us or our staff or nominated contractors only. We will not sell or otherwise supply personal information to any third party provided that:
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- In the event of a sale, merger, reorganisation, or similar event relating to our company or business, you accept that your personal information may form part of the transferred items, or may be disclosed to a third party for negotiation purposes to assist with facilitating such transaction(s), as confidentially as reasonably possible.
- To the extent permitted by New Zealand law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Netsoft or others.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
You may request access to your personal information at any time to review it, to make any changes required, or to instruct us to delete that personal information. We will carry out any such requests for you. In addition, you may manage your receipt of non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Netsoft email (although this may affect the scope of quality of the Services you receive).
How We Protect the Information
We adopt all reasonable commercial and technical measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You accept though that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such personal information, nor can we guarantee that the personal information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, any e-mail sent to us or by us may not be secure.
Children & Minors
How to Contact Us